Thursday, January 1, 2009

Layed off

Well, we moved to Iowa for my career and it only seemed fair, when my job was eliminated, to move to Wisconsin for my husband's career. Fast forward 8 months and the museum cut his position today. Nothing personal, he was told. Apparently the museum is bleeding red ink. Still, as far as I'm concerned, it is very personal. Here I am in the middle of nowhere with no money coming in except for unemployment insurance. It's funny, I was laid off once before and didn't apply because it felt like welfare. Of course, back then, I got a new job two weeks later. Hardly enough time to even take a breather. I imagine that this time will be different. And while I know that I am not, at heart, a stay-at-home-mom, job hunting sucks. I know that it will mean moving again.

1 comment:

  1. It's terrible that the two of you have to go through this again. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

    ReplyDelete